[Distutils] setup.py develop is not locating install_requires packages in custom site dir

ryles rylesny at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 16:46:50 CEST 2009

A related question: mypkg comes with several scripts which I'm not
interested in using for this project. However, because the mypkg
location (/custom/site-packages, /custom/bin) differs from the
development location ~/.local/lib/python.2-6/site-packages, ~/bin),
setuptools is copying all of the mypkg scripts to ~/bin. Since I don't
actually need any of these is there any way to disable this? I still
want the scripts / console_scripts associated with 'proj', however.
It's especially inconvenient since running setup.py develop --
uninstall will not remove them.