[Distutils] Static metadata using setup.cfg

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Aug 24 18:05:04 CEST 2009

Tarek Ziadé wrote:
> If we change the name, I would rather call it [metadata]
> which is more explicit than [setup]

Not really... metadata is a generic, meaningless word.
We're talking about setup metadata, so I think [setup] makes more sense.
I think the parallels with setup.py and setup.cfg are also better for
discoverability...

> btw,  I have a working prototype for the setup.cfg.in template file,
> I'll push here when I get home tonite, for feedback

I missed the thread on this... Why is it needed? I generally hate the
idea of having a .in file for a .cfg file. It's a sign that the .cfg
fiel is being used incorrectly...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk