[Distutils] [buildout] zc.recipe.egg interpretters don't support -m

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Aug 25 10:25:28 CEST 2009

Jim Fulton wrote:
> AFAIK, the standard interpreter command line arguments are implemented
> at a low level and aren't meant to be reusable.  To make them work
> basically requires reimplementing them.  It would be useful if there
> was a module that just had implementations of (most of) the standard
> interpreter options.

Is this perhaps what's in the runpy module of the standard library?

http://docs.python.org/library/runpy.html#module-runpy

Hmmm, maybe it does just the right thing for -m?

In any case, any objections to me implementing this for buildout scripts?
If not, where is the actual code that generates the scripts?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk