[Distutils] [Catalog-sig] HTML in long description

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Tue Aug 25 12:02:39 CEST 2009

On Aug 25, 2009, at 4:44 AM, Reinout van Rees wrote:

> On 2009-08-24, Jannis Leidel <jannis at leidel.info> wrote:
>>
>> A lot less radical and working today:
>>
>>     http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Sphinx-PyPI-upload
>>
>> which will add an upload_sphinx command to (setuptools based)
>> setup.py, creates a zip file of your Sphinx build directory and
>> uploads it to PyPI to show up at http://packages.python.org/
>> <package>/, e.g. http://packages.python.org/django-authority/.
>
> Could you add a really quick readme to that package?  I'm unsure how
> to use it
> and I definitively don't want to experiment with
> packages.python.org :-)

I tried playing with this but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work
well with a buildout based package.  It couldn't find the directory to
zip and I wasn't able to use -d to do the right thing.

> Are there alternatives for uploading documentation there?  And is
> there
> documentation for the goal of that packages.python.org/*
> documentation area?
> Googling on packages.python.org is hard to get useful results out :-)

It's easy enough to upload documentation manually.  Go into the
directory that contains your index.html file and do something like
'zip -r docs.zip .' then go to your package's page on pypi and scroll
down for the upload form.

-Barry