[Distutils] Setup script exited with error: build/ * /egg/EGG-INFO/zip-safe: No such file or directory

Nicolas Dumazet nicdumz at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 17:30:12 CEST 2009

2009/8/25 P.J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com>:

> Try:
>
>  easy_install -eb. pyfsevents
>  cd ./pyfsevents
>  python -c "import setuptools; execfile('setup.py')" bdist_egg
>
> This will leave the build directories in place, and may give you better
> error information about the problem.

I'm afraid it does not help.
I had to remove a __file__ mention in my setup.py that would not pass
execfile(), but after that change, "easy_install pyfsevents" returns
the same aforementioned error, and when using your approach I
encounter no issues and the egg building / install scripts work
properly.

If I call a python -c "import setuptools; execfile('setup.py')"
bdist_egg -k, the dist/ * /egg/EGG-INFO/zip-safe file is available.

Any ideas?