[Distutils] Proposing PEP 386 - a standard version scheme

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 13:50:46 CET 2009

2009/12/7 Tarek Ziadé <ziade.tarek at gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 11:23 PM, Floris Bruynooghe
> <floris.bruynooghe at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 07, 2009 at 10:53:11PM +0100, Tarek Ziadé wrote:
>>> As I expected, we didn't find a full consensus on the final PEP 386
>>> schema on Distutils-SIG. But the one presented is
>>> good enough for what we need to express, as far as I am concerned (and
>>> some other people).
>>>
>>> This status understandable, and can go on for months in distutils-SIG.
>>
>> Your brain might have thought of more then your fingers wrote
>> here... Not sure what that's supposed to mean but the last sentence
>> doesn't look complete to me.
>
> I'll need some help then on this one, must be my frenglish at work.

"I believe that the current situation is as close to consensus as we
will get on distutils-sig, and in the interests of avoiding months of
further discussion which won't take things any further, I propose to
allow final comments from python-dev and then look for a final
decision".

How does that sound?

Paul.