[Distutils] Problems with setuptools 0.6c11, Mac OS X 10.6, Python 2.4 from MacPorts

Jeff Shell eucci.group at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 02:19:13 CET 2009

Thanks. That Macports ticket opened me up to the Python buildouts here:

http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/buildout/python/

I'm going to look into that and getting my team using it to build
versions of Python we can use easily. MacPorts has been unreliable,
lately, in keeping up. As MacPorts is a common tool, it's frustrating
(but I guess it's understandable) that setuptools post-0.6c9 breaks on
it.

--
Jeff Shell