[Distutils] [buildout] "Couldn't find index page for" in tests

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Mon Dec 14 17:59:16 CET 2009

On 12/14/09 3:05 PM, Chris Withers wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I see a few tests for buildout recipes that use zc.buildout.testing but
> also use a RENormalizer to hide "Couldn't find index page for" errors..
>
> Why is this error showing up and why is it okay to hide it?

I saw it too lately when working on z3c.recipe.compattest.

I thought the "index page not found" meant that you did not add those
packages to your test buildout environment with either
zc.buildout.testing.install() or zc.buildout.testing.install_develop(),
see for instance
http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/collective.buildbot/trunk/collective/buildbot/tests/test_docs.py

Reinout

--