[Distutils] Packaging of files, which aren't in the package root folder

Lukas Hetzenecker LuHe at gmx.at
Thu Dec 17 08:51:04 CET 2009

Hello,

now I have only one problem left:
If i call my setup.py script with the prefix argument (python setup.py install
--prefix /home/lukas/tmp/) I can't get this argument in the script file.

distutils.sysconfig.get_config_var("prefix") returns '/usr' and
get_config_var("datarootdir") returns '/usr/share'. Is there any way to
initialize the variables so that the command line arguments are noticed and
that the function returns '/home/lukas/tmp/share'?

Lukas