[Distutils] Python people want CPAN and how the latter came about

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Dec 24 10:25:39 CET 2009

"Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> writes:

> I think it should be the choice of the package authors whether they
> upload their software to the central repository, or to their own home
> page.

Why do you think that should continue? Some of the costs of that
inconsistency have already been described in this thread. What are the
benefits to PyPI users of this inconsistency, and are we sure that the
benefits outweigh the costs?

--
 \         “I got contacts, but I only need them when I read, so I got |
  `\                                         flip-ups.” —Steven Wright |