[Distutils] Python people want CPAN and how the latter came about

kiorky kiorky at cryptelium.net
Thu Dec 24 11:06:51 CET 2009

Martin v. Löwis a écrit :
>> The tiny 10MB upload is a blocker i think also.
>> For example, for 'minitage.paste.extras', it's not hosted on pypi because of that.
>
> The limit is 20MB now. If you need a larger limit let me know.

Cool!
I tested with success the upload.
Size of the dist is 12MB.

However, i don't like also that much the sdist upload command for big files.
It may be an idea to setup/add some ssh+key procedure to upload packages using ssh.
Then we could use rsync or such program that can resume upload on errors without
having to reupload the whole.
Nevertheless, i don't know what's worse, because i don't think there are that
much big files to upload. In the packages i maintain, there is only
minitage.paste.extras concerned for example.
Maybe some started would be to find packages on pypi without dists and verify on
their relative download page the bigest size we can find out there.

> Unfortunately, I cannot find out what the size of minitage.paste.extras
> is, as their download URL
> (http://distfiles.minitage.org/public/externals/minitage/)
> seems broken.

Server was down a little earlier, /me was sleeping. It's fine now.

--
Cordialement,
KiOrKY