[Distutils] Python people want CPAN and how the latter came about

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Dec 24 22:45:04 CET 2009

"Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> writes:

> Ben Finney wrote:
> > That isn't a good argument. By the same logic, PyPI should not
> > reject *any* upload, to avoid “forcing” uploaders to do extra work.
>
> PyPI's rejection of certain uploads is primarily to prevent spam from
> being uploaded.

Am I wrong, then, in thinking that PyPI will reject an upload with
malformed metadata?

To my understanding, this discussion is about arguing whether an upload
that is missing the package should be rejected by PyPI.

--
 \        “Absurdity, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent |
  `\            with one's own opinion.” —Ambrose Bierce, _The Devil's |