[Distutils] How Python can have CPAN.
lregebro at jarn.com
Sat Dec 26 18:40:46 CET 2009
I have looked through the long discussion about the topic. As far as I
can see these are the sensible, reasonable, concrete suggestions of
what can be done to improve PyPI towards CPAN quality:
1. Ask those who do not upload why they don't upload, and see if we can fix it.
2. Ask those who do not want to upload why they don't provide a download URL.
3. Making it easier to mirror/replicate all metadata.
4. It should be easy to list the files of previous "hidden" versions
for a package.
5. Have a --dist-file command for Distribute.
6. Better documentation.
Is there anything I missed?
Lennart Regebro: Python, Zope, Plone, Grok
+33 661 58 14 64
More information about the Distutils-SIG