[Distutils] custom package index issue

Eric Lemoine eric.c2c at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 14:44:22 CET 2009

Hi

For a project I'm involved in we created our own package index. The
package index includes our package (mapfish), as well as its direct
and indirect dependencies.

Then, the installation of the "mapfish" package and its dependencies
is done with this command:
easy_install -i http://dev.camptocamp.com/packages/mapfish/1.0/index
mapfish==1.0

The installation command works, but some indirect dependencies aren't
downloaded from our package index but from other sources. For
example,"simplejson" which "pylons" depends on (which "mapfish"
depends on), is downloaded from
"http://pylons.cachefly.net/download/0.9.6.2/simplejson-1.7.1-py2.5.egg"
as opposed to be downloaded from
"http://dev.camptocamp.com/packages/mapfish/1.0/simplejson-1.7.1.tar.gz".

We'd like every mapfish dependency to be downloaded from our package
index. Does anyone know how to achieve this?

Thanks a lot,

--
Eric