[Distutils] [Python Language Summit] Distutils / Packaging survey

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Jan 28 13:38:42 CET 2009

Tarek Ziadé <ziade.tarek at gmail.com> writes:

> Would you like to write down a detailed description of these
> elements ?

I second this. David has several times invoked “setuptools should do
it like autoconf”, but that isn't much use without a detailed
specification of *exactly what* setuptools should do, written by
people who know what is being asked for (like David) and targetted to
people who don't know anything about autoconf.

It's a lot of work to come up with such a specification, and will
require input from experts and much discussion, but until it's done
such requests for change carry little weight.

--
 \      “I wish a robot would get elected president. That way, when he |
  `\    came to town, we could all take a shot at him and not feel too |