[Distutils] Low Level API for translating distutils/setuptools metatdata to Debian metadata

David Lyon david.lyon at preisshare.net
Mon Jul 13 02:13:26 CEST 2009

Hi Chris,

I started prototyping of this a month or so ago but haven't had a chance
to do much more on it too now. Maybe in the next I'll put more effort into
this multi-platform package builder and register it as a project somewhere.

If you want to send me your scripts offline, I'd be interested seeing
them.

Unfortunately, I've been busy writing documentation for the Package Manager

and trying  to figure out how to use distutils myself. It's a steep
learning curve.

I get the point about having some web based app (pypi? haha) where
you type in a package name, click the platforms.. and out come all
the different packages for all the different python versions and
operating systems.

That's all I ever asked for.... :-) but I only know backend stuff
and gui programming. I kindof know how to seperate the two so doing
a web based one is totally impossible.

Hopefully I'll find enough hacking time in the next few months..

David