[Distutils] Announcing the 'Distribute' project

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 17:33:12 CEST 2009

2009/7/16 Tarek Ziadé <ziade.tarek at gmail.com>:
> So here's my suggestion:
> I'll keep the "distribute" name unless someone comes up with a better
> name here before the first release,
> followed by more than 4 : "+1".

So I'll add my +1 for setuptools2.

Yes, it's an unauthorized fork, but it is very much a part of the
setuptools project, and it's aimed to be the successor to setuptools.
The fork is created out of pure necessity, not the wish of stepping on
anybody, and it's done because we love and need setuptools.
Setuptools2 is the obvious name, and the name that causes the least
confusion.

That said, it's bikeshedding, and I honestly don't care what it's
called. It can be called Zup2lsNG for all I care, as long as it works.
:)

http://regebro.wordpress.com/
+33 661 58 14 64