[Distutils] [distribute] Python 3 support checked in, and fucked everything up.

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Sat Jul 18 11:39:29 CEST 2009

On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 9:01 AM, Lennart Regebro<regebro at gmail.com> wrote:
> The best path forward right now seems to me to completely delete the
> branches, including from history, which is possible in Mercurial,
> assuming everybody recreated their clones afterwards, apparently.

I don't see the problem. Note that branches in Mercurial are quite
different from branches in SVN. Also typical SVN-style use might not
be appropriate for Mercurial. I'm myself using this only for a very
short time, so I'm in no position to lecture people about anything
here.

But looking at http://bitbucket.org/tarek/distribute/changesets/ all
looks fine to me. I gave the setuptools-0.6 branch the name default
now, which seems to cause it to be the "default" you get as a working
copy when cloning the repo.

Doing "hg branches --active" shows me two active branches, default and
python3. You can switch to the python3 one using "hg up -C python3".

What exactly the best practice on reintegrating changes from one
branch to another is, I haven't quite figured out yet.

Hanno