[Distutils] Colour this bikeshed: Name for setuptools fork

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Sat Jul 18 13:07:28 CEST 2009

On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 2:05 AM, P.J. Eby<pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:
> (Btw, I'm not sure if you really want to drop entry-points.txt from revision
> control, since ISTM a fresh checkout will not be able to run egg_info and
> rebuild it, unless you also add a hack to Distribution.get_command_class()
> so it (and any other setuptools commands it relies upon) can be found.  If
> it seems to be working as-is, my guess is it's because an
> already-elsewhere-installed setuptools version on sys.path is providing the
> glue by way of *its* entry-points.txt.  Try it and see!)

Ah thanks, I could reproduce the problem indeed and put the
entry_points.txt back into version control.

I build all my different Python versions based on a zc.buildout, so
obviously setuptools is installed globally in those, which makes them
quite bad for working on setuptools itself. Luckily I have those
system installed bad Python versions on the Mac, which I never touched
:)

Hanno