[Distutils] Colour this bikeshed: Name for setuptools fork

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 11:37:20 CEST 2009

2009/7/19 Tarek Ziadé <ziade.tarek at gmail.com>:
> That would be nice but I am a bit surprised, and very suspicious in fact.

No need for paranoia. :)

> I am scared that at the end, you will still lock us by not blessing
> people to maintain
> yet another collection of packages you don't have time to maintain.

Yes!

PJE: It would be great if we could cooperate on this, if this could
happen in a repository where more people have access. And I don't mean
just Gurus with more Python experience than Guido and less time than a
quantum fluctuation, but people who have both the time and the
knowledge to work on this. And they do exist, and we have several of
them involved in Distribute already.

> So are you willing to bless us maintaining/working with you with these
> new packages, or is that going to be a PJE-locked thing again ?

If it is, everybody is just going to ignore it. Except that we may
fork useful bits if licensing allows. It's not a problem, it's just
that it would be better if this didn't happen. These issues are
complex enough that we need everybody help we can find.

http://regebro.wordpress.com/
+33 661 58 14 64