[Distutils] Fork mess

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Mon Jul 20 07:11:21 CEST 2009

On 19.07.09 22:08, P.J. Eby wrote:

> > Already, just this bit where strangers on the internet discuss how I
> > should spend my spare time for their benefit is making the whole idea
> > less fun.  If people want to tell me how I should spend my time, they
> > can pay me.  (Otherwise, they can ask nicely, instead of lecturing.)

Nobody cares about how you spend your spare time. The point is that the
maintainer is sitting like a clucking hen on their eggs without
giving them any care and without letting other people care about them.
So we are at the point where the hen must go in order to save the eggs
or it must be shot in order proceed for the sake of the community. The
discussion about a qualified maintainer is just absurd. All people
involved in this issue for bring setuptools forward have a strong record
in managing packages and a deep understanding in the setuptools problem.
Please don't treat highly respected members of the Zope and Plone world
like idiots.

Andreas

--
ZOPYX Ltd. & Co KG          \  ZOPYX & Friends
Charlottenstr. 37/1          \  The experts for your Python, Zope and