[Distutils] Problems with setup.py

Josh Holland jrh at joshh.co.uk
Tue Jul 28 20:30:10 CEST 2009

I am currently having difficulty with a setup.py script. The problem was
originally brought to my attention by someone packaging the project for
Fedora 11, but I can reproduce a similar problem on my Jaunty box.

When "python setup.py build" is run, the following output is produced
(running with -n switch):
running install
running build
running build_py
running build_ext
running build_scripts
changing mode of build/scripts-2.6/suvat
running install_lib
running install_scripts
changing mode of /usr/local/bin/suvat
running install_data
error: can't copy 'd': doesn't exist or not a regular file

This is for me; the Fedora issue is with 's' instead of 'd'. This is
with different versions of setup.py. My development version is attached,
and the Fedora one is available in the tarball at
http://joshh.co.uk/stuff/suvat-0.1.1.tar.gz.

--
Josh Holland <jrh at joshh.co.uk> (key F6067C12)
http://joshh.co.uk dutchie on irc.freenode.net