[Distutils] Distutils on embedded devices - was Cache PYTHONPATH? (Re: make unzipped eggs be the default)

David Lyon david.lyon at preisshare.net
Thu Jul 30 01:20:07 CEST 2009

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 16:58:13 -0500, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com>
wrote:
> My site-packages directory would like a word with you:
>
> [~]$ cd /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current
> [Current]$ du -hsc .
> 1.5G    .
> 1.5G    total
> [Current]$ du -hsc lib/python2.5/site-packages
> 1.4G    lib/python2.5/site-packages
> 1.4G    total

ok - so what are you complaining about? you have a 1.4G drive
or more...

It's probably a flash memory drive..

Anyway, I only do a package manager. I've never tried on
an embedded device..

I can't imagine anybody typing opening a command prompt on
a tiny screen and typing setup.py....

What is the go there with package installation..