[Distutils] Patch for your setuptools issue

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Mon Jun 1 19:39:51 CEST 2009

Hello Tarek,

> here's a patch for your issue. It backports distutils old behaviour
> into setuptools so the latter continues to work with Python trunk.

Thanks for caring. First I got the following error:

[...]
  File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/setuptools/command/sdist.py", line 171, in
add_defaults
NameError: global name 'string' is not defined

After the obvious fix, installing pure Python packages is fine. It fails to
compile C extensions though, not being able to find the Python header files:

[...]
Running zope.interface-3.4.1/setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir
/home/antoine/tmp/easy_install-UHUYAk/zope.interface-3.4.1/egg-dist-tmp-1FWUyt
src/zope/interface/_zope_interface_coptimizations.c:15:20: erreur: Python.h :
Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
src/zope/interface/_zope_interface_coptimizations.c:16:26: erreur:
structmember.h : Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type

Regards

Antoine.