[Distutils] Distutils functionality questions/clarifications...

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 14:50:35 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 2:38 PM, David Lyon <david.lyon at preisshare.net> wrote:

>  1) Debian+ubuntu .deb support? working? not-working? Status?

The stdeb project provides a layer on the top of distutils for example
to achieve this.

>  2) Mac Support? Working? same - how well? documentation is vague

What kind of mac support you are reffering to ? If you build
something, it will work fine under mac

>  3) windows installers for packages - can we kill them? or
>    how do we move to something better...

What do you mean by "killing them" ?

> I'm wondering what people think about having a gui interface
> to drive all this technical wizardry....

What would your GUI do precisely ?

distutils can probably provide the basis for a third-party application
that wants to provide
some GUI to drive some process.

> When I finish my current workload... I'm wondering what could
> be done to make things even better than they currently are
> on this front.

On the packaging side ? tons of things really , welcome aboard ! ;)

Tarek Ziadé | http://ziade.org