[Distutils] Distutils functionality questions/clarifications...

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Wed Jun 3 17:11:45 CEST 2009

David Lyon wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Jun 2009 10:33:46 +0100, Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> *If* there was an existing "python package manager", it is possible
>> that it would provide compelling enough features to convince me to
>> change my mind. Build it and I'll tell you. Hey, build even some of it
>> and I'll comment on what you have ....
>
> ok - that's fair enough... done....
>
> Just follow the download link...
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/pythonpkgmgr/

"""
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "PythonPackageManager.py", line 22, in <module>
  File "PythonPackageManager.py", line 18, in main
  File "wx\_core.pyc", line 7938, in __init__
  File "wx\_core.pyc", line 7512, in _BootstrapApp
  File "PythonPackageManager.py", line 12, in OnInit
  File "MainWindow.pyc", line 29, in create
  File "MainWindow.pyc", line 374, in __init__
  File "Packaging.pyc", line 94, in __init__
  File "Packaging.pyc", line 600, in setworkingversion
  File "Packaging.pyc", line 686, in pythonversonlist
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified

"""