[Distutils] Distutils functionality questions/clarifications...

David Lyon david.lyon at preisshare.net
Wed Jun 3 17:41:03 CEST 2009

On Wed, 03 Jun 2009 16:25:08 +0100, Tim Golden <mail at timgolden.me.uk>
wrote:
> C:\Program Files\Python Package Manager>dir /b
> gdiplus.dll
> msvcp71.dll
> MSVCR71.dll
> pkgmgr
> PythonPackageManager.exe
> PythonPackageManager.exe.log
> uninstall.exe

> FWIW, the "C:\Program Files\Python Package Manager" directory
> it installed into looks very empty:
> """
>
> Maybe something's up with your installer setup?

That looks correct.... there aren't many files...

Perphaps you are using vista...

The code is breaking where it is looking in the registry to
see what versions of python are installed on your machine.

I do accept the code is somewhat fragile at this point in
time. I'm only testing on 2.2, 2.5, 2.6 under windows 2000,
xp, and ubuntu at the moment.

The only other thing I could suggest is to download from
source on svn...

svn co https://pythonpkgmgr.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pythonpkgmgr
pythonpkgmgr

I'd welcome any comments.. but I would certainly understand
if you have other more important things to do....

David