[Distutils] Problem using bdist_rpm with Fedora 10

Stanley A. Klein sklein at cpcug.org
Thu Jun 11 18:26:17 CEST 2009

I tried to build java2python using bdist_rpm on Fedora 10 and got the
following errors:

RPM build errors:
    Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
error: command 'rpmbuild' failed with exit status 1

This had been an issue in the past, and the recommended solution was to
prepare a setup.cfg containing

optimize = 1

This had worked in the past, but it had no effect this time.

I found some discussion of the issue and some aspect of it is supposedly
addressed in a change to Fedora.  I upgraded to the latest rpm packages
(version -4.6.1-1.fc10), but got the same behavior.

How can I proceed to do the build?

Stan Klein