[Distutils] Autobuild packages using snakebite

Leonardo Santagada santagada at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 18:43:35 CEST 2009

On Jun 18, 2009, at 12:18 PM, A. Cavallo wrote:

>> I remember when snakebite was announced someone had the idea to
>> have a
>> kind of build bot go into pypi and get all packages sent to it and
>> automatically compile them on snakebite for all major platforms and
>> automatically run tests and submit the compiled packages to pypi. Is
>> anyone working on this?
>> The biggest problem I see is security, but if people are really
>> interested in this we could at least try it no?
>> Automatic testing in many python versions, conversion using 2to3 and
>> building packages for windows and macosx seems like a very
>> interesting
>> service.

> I'm currently working on an automated build system with similar goals:
> http://pyvm.sourceforge.net
> Regards,
> Antonio

What I proposed was a autobuild for pytho packages on pypi not cpython
builds. The system could certanly use your tool as a way to have many
python versions, but in the end I think people would want packages
built by cpython binaries distributed at python.org and third party
distros (like ubuntu, mac os x, macports, etc).

Leonardo Santagada
santagada at gmail.com