[Distutils] Autobuild packages using snakebite

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Sat Jun 20 14:24:39 CEST 2009

David Lyon wrote:

> I struggle with seeing how that would work. My easyinstall is always
> downloading additional packages (as it should).

the answer is obvious: it should not download anything from the wild.
That's one of the big reason why so many people literally hate this
setuptools feature, BTW.

>  And how would you
> get packages onto the infastructure from pypi in the first place if
> there was no internet access?

that's the job of the infrastructure. All those problems have been
solved by the opensuse build service, which is open source (in Perl for
the server part, though). Before stating what is possible and not, it
would be wise to study other similar services:

http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service

cheers,

David