[Distutils] [Buildout] Download API and extends caching - please review

Thomas Lotze thomas at thomas-lotze.de
Wed Jun 24 19:04:41 CEST 2009

Thomas Lotze wrote:

> As discussed before on this list, I've been working on an internal
> download API for zc.buildout that takes care of handling the download
> cache, offline mode, MD5 checks etc and is used for fetching configuration
> files (as specified by the buildout:extends option). I consider the
> feature finished and I'd be grateful if someone could review it before it
> gets merged to the trunk. The branch I've been developing this on is
> <svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/zc.buildout/branches/tlotze-download-api>.

Since I wrote that message, I've been working on using the download API in
zc.recipe.cmmi. The recipe is now able to perform MD5 checksum
verification on downloaded source archives and patches and I've used this
opportunity of seeing the new download code in action to improve it
further.

I'd like to ask again for a code review of both projects' feature branches
(the recipe's being at
<svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/zc.buildout/branches/tlotze-download-api>)
before merging them to the respective trunks. Jim, as you've responded to
questions on the subject before, would you be willing and find some time
to have a look at the code?

--
Thomas