[Distutils] Why is zc.buildout picking the wrong platform for binary eggs?

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 15:32:24 CEST 2009

Jim Fulton wrote:
> I plan to add an option to force source or binary eggs to be used.
> Something like:
>
>    egg-type = any|binary|source
>
> where any is the default.  I haven't gotten to this yet. :)
>
> It would probably be nice to specify this at the part level.

Agree.

In the meantime, I think I found the problem: I have a shared download
cache, and the .tgz was cached there. When I removed it, buildout
started preferring the egg on PyPI.

I still have no idea why it was building an osx-10.3 egg before I re-did
bootstrap, though. Note that I'd upgraded my MacPorts supplied Python
2.4 from 2.4.5 to 2.4.6 in between setting up the buildout initially,
and doing the wipe-and-re-bootstrap.

Martin