[Distutils] easy_install fails on sourceforge?

Hartmut Goebel h.goebel at goebel-consult.de
Sun Jun 28 19:57:28 CEST 2009

P.J. Eby schrieb:

> Using that as a find-link works fine for me; it downloads the 0.9 source
> package, since I don't have Python 2.6.  (The windows files shown there
> are all for Python 2.6.)

So my explanation has bee a bit short, I see.

This is not what I want. Esp. the source is not found at sourceforge but
via pypi :-)

Try without using an index. I would expect to get
pyOpenSSL-0.8.winxp32-py2.5.exe  from SF, but is is not found:

easy_install -i file://NUL -f

I use the following script for testing. Setting loglevel to 5 would
report any link found, but in this case no link is reported (and package
is found).

from setuptools.command import easy_install
from distutils import log
log.set_verbosity(5) # this would print any found link

args = """
-i file://NUL

Schönen Gruß - Regards
Hartmut Goebel
Dipl.-Informatiker (univ.), CISSP, CSSLP

Goebel Consult
Spezialist für IT-Sicherheit in komplexen Umgebungen