[Distutils] what does buildout do with scripts?

kiorky kiorky at cryptelium.net
Tue Jun 30 11:24:59 CEST 2009

Chris Withers a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> What does buildout do with scripts specified in the scripts parameter
> to distutils'/setuptools' setup function?
>
> The xlrd package defines one such script and when specified as a
> required egg in a zc.recipe.egg part, this script doesn't seem to show
> up anywhere...
>
> cheers,
>
> Chris

You can use minitage.recipe:scripts recipe to install them.
This is an another implementation to install eggs.
The recipe has some interresting features you won't have with
zc.recipe.egg (like on the fly patching/generating isolated eggs with
those patches, installing from arbitrary urls, and better dependency
handling)
See http://pypi.python.org/pypi/minitage.recipe for documentation

If you have bugs with it, poke me, i ll be plased to help fix them.

Cordialement,
KiOrKY
GPG Key FingerPrint: 0x1A1194B7681112AF