[Distutils] setuptools v. subversion 1.6

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Jun 30 19:53:28 CEST 2009

On Jun 30, 2009, at 1:44 PM, Chris Withers wrote:

> Jim Fulton wrote:
>> IMO, include_package_data is an attractive nuisance. For newer
>> projects, I just use package_data with a few globs.
>
> It's all I've ever known :-S
>
> Where are the docs for what I should use instead of the packages and
> incude_package_data parameters to setuptools's setup function and
> the find_packages function?

The packages function just takes a list of packages. I doubt that
find_packages depends on subversion. It doesn't buy you much in any
case, as the expected value is simply a list of the packages to
include in the distribution.

As far as package data, see:

   http://docs.python.org/distutils/setupscript.html#installing-package-data

Jim