[Distutils] Running tests for zc.recipe.cmmi?

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Wed Mar 11 16:39:55 CET 2009

On Mar 11, 2009, at 10:06 AM, Tres Seaver wrote:

> Jim Fulton wrote:
>> It might be good to take this off list.
>
> If you think so, OK.
>
>> Are you using a Python with anything in site-packages?
>
> Only the setuptools 0.6c9 egg.
>
>> It seem rather odd that, for you, it seems to be importing test
>> modules that are unrelated to zc.recipe.cmmi.
>
> My thoughts exactly,

I should have spotted this sooner.  The errors are due to a bug in the
test runner that causes spurious failures when a buildout directly
contains packages without an intermediate "src" directory and when it
has it's own eggs directory rather than using a shared eggs directory.

I've added a src directory and the tests pass under Python 2.4 and
2.5.  It looks like they'll pass under 2.6 once the deprecation errors
are dealt with.

I'll raise the priority of fixing the test runner.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation