[Distutils] Setuptools should not depend on setuptools.

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 23:04:13 CET 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 22:56, P.J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:
> If you're trying to say that you want a build process that can run without
> there being a 2.x interpreter present, but starts with the same source code
> base, I don't see how that's possible without having some sort of
> alternative setup3.py or other .py scripts present, to do the conversion.

It's not a problem in general, the probleme here is that setuptools
setup.py depends on setuptools, causing a catch22 situation, where you
need to convert setuptools to Python3, before you can run the
installer install it, and therefore you can't run the installer to
convert to Python 3.

Lennart Regebro: Pythonista, Barista, Notsotrista.
+33 661 58 14 64