[Distutils] setuptools 0.6c9 for python 2.6 on windows

Eric Swenson eric at swenson.org
Thu Mar 12 18:08:49 CET 2009

I note that there still isn't a win32 version of the setuptool installer for
python 2.6.  Is this in the works?  For those who do not have VC++ 2008, it
is tricky to get setuptools installed.  I have built the .exe myself (and
could provide it to you if you wanted), but I wondered why, after all this
time, and since python 2.6 is the preferred version of python to install
these days, why there isn't an installer for windows yet?  -- Eric