[Distutils] zc.buildout development catch 22

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Sun Mar 15 20:39:54 CET 2009

On Mar 15, 2009, at 5:31 AM, Lennart Regebro wrote:

> Typical zc.buildout development installs zope.testing to run the
> tests.
> Typical zope.testing development uses zc.buildout.
>
> As you see, porting this to Python 3 gets well... tricky. ;)

Not necessarily. If you wanted to deal with both together you could
use a develop egg of zope.testing in the buildout working directory.
This may not be elegant, but it's workable. :)

> So the question (mostly to Jim, I guess) is if there is a way to
> easily run the tests for either zope.* or zc.buildout without using
> the zope testrunner et al?

It should be possible to run the zc.buildout tests without the test
runner.  Zope packages that use test layers will need the Zope test
runner.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton