[Distutils] distutils changing interpreter to invalid path

K C lucid.illusion at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 21:56:40 CEST 2009

In the distutils documentation at
http://docs.python.org/distutils/index.html, under the "Installing Scripts"
section, it is stated that the location of the python interpreter can be
changed.  How exactly is this achieved?  I am packaging a python application
via CDBS which calls the setup.py script and changes my interpreter from
"#!/usr/bin/env python" to "#!/usr/local/bin/python".  The latter is invalid
on Debian.  I would prefer that disutils not change the interpreter at all
since it is not needed in my case, however I am not sure where to add this
"--executable" flag that is mentioned in the documentation or otherwise
override the default behaviour.
 -Kevin <lucid.illusion at gmail.com>