[Distutils] Distutils global status

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Thu May 7 11:14:04 CEST 2009

Hi,

Here's a quick summary of the ongoing work in Distutils, on the issues
we seem to reach a consensus.

The goal would be to finish the discussions on those and to push them
in some kind of "Distutils official roadmap"
then look at implementation details (for instance, the pkgutil APIs
will be linear unless we use some kind of index)

- task :
  - link
  - remaining work

---

- Introduction the new version comparison algorithm in Distutils

   - http://bitbucket.org/tarek/distutilsversion
   - Phillip needs to check the tarek-postdev branch for his use case,
then Trent and al.
   - We need to add the "bits" constructor

- Standardize the .egg-info directory, provide APIs, uninstall command

  - http://svn.python.org/view/peps/trunk/pep-0376.txt?revision=72420&view=markup
  - we need to peer-review it here again

- Change PKG-INFO content (PEP 345 changes)

  - http://svn.python.org/view/peps/branches/jim-update-345/pep-0345.txt?revision=71412&view=markup
  - Tres needs to push the latest changes
  - we need to peer-review it here again

- Finish the massive cleanup / test coverage - not much to say
  - work in progress by Tarek

Cheers
Tarek

--