[Distutils] Possible bug in setuptools - test command?

Iwan Vosloo iwan at reahl.org
Mon May 11 18:11:43 CEST 2009

On Mon, 2009-05-11 at 13:53 +0200, Iwan Vosloo wrote:
> During each invocation, python imports different, new instances of the
> same module.
> Is this a bug?  (We are on version 0.6c8 of setuptools, python 2.5)

Sorry, on second thought we realised this is obviously indended
behaviour of the test command, forcing new instances of modules to be
imported each time.

Somehow a particular package manages to get a hold of classes from an
earlier import though - that seems to be our problem, not setuptools
itself.

Regards
- Iwan