[Distutils] PEP 376 - site-directories and site.addsitedir

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Thu May 14 23:38:34 CEST 2009

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 11:27 PM, P.J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:

> The relevant classes in pkg_resources, btw, are WorkingSet, Distribution,
> and EntryPoint.  You might want to just copy them and strip out the parts
> you don't need.  (i.e. sys.path manipulation and requirements-resolving
> stuff)

I tried to reuse it already, but I ended up removing lots of stuff and
creating a simpler loop to scan sys.path elements,
and work with the different sorts (zip dir, dir, etc)

That's basically what I have done here:
http://bitbucket.org/tarek/extensions/src/tip/extensions/reader.py)

That happened because I got a bit lost in the way finders were working
in setuptools, which seemed
a bit over-engineered at that time to me (but I might end up changing
my mind at sime point when I understand it better).

Although, I think I understand why WorkingSet is required now.

--
Tarek Ziadé | http://ziade.org