[Distutils] Clearing WorkingSet in pkg_resources. .. ?

David Lyon david.lyon at preisshare.net
Sun May 17 04:45:02 CEST 2009

On Sat, 16 May 2009 22:36:13 -0400, "P.J. Eby" <pje at telecommunity.com>
wrote:
> Just create a fresh WorkingSet object, and use that one.  You
> probably want to be using explicitly-created WorkingSet instances for
> this anyway.  (easy_install certainly does.)

I am creating a fresh one every time...

So after I deinstall, the package is still shown, even though it's
no longer in the system. It's still in the interpretors memory.

When I look at pkg_resources.. I can't find "the real code".. it
seems to be all just 'jumps'..

I fully understand this refreshing of packages is outside of the
original code but I am at a loss to find where in the system I
can find the code that implements workingset...

If you have any idea where that code is... I would be very
greatful...

David