[Distutils] Distribute 0.6.7 released

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 14:09:09 CET 2009

On behalf of the Distribute team, I am pleased to announce the 0.6.7
release of Distribute.

As usual, availabe at PyPI: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/distribute

Most noticeable changes in 0.6.7 are:

- now the develop command supports the --user option, so it can use
the per-user site packages (PEP 370)
- the generated scripts now wrap their call to the script entry point
in the standard "if name == 'main'"
- better errors handling in PackageIndex when files and pages are
visited by easy_install
- a virtualenv-compatible version, so the next virtualenv release will
be able to provide a --distribute option.

You can visit http://pypi.python.org/pypi/distribute#id2 for a full
CHANGES list.

We are now starting the 0.6.8 work in parallel of 0.7.x development,
with more bugfixes coming up.

Regards
Tarek