[Distutils] [issue89] easy_install silently drop symlinks when auto-extracting tarball source distributions

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Nov 1 21:00:58 CET 2009

> The Distutils-SIG mailing list is hosting several projects (4) which
> all have their own trackers, and for some their own checking/bugs
> mailing lists that receive these kind of automatic emails. This makes
> it possible for the people that want to follow those warning e-mails
> to register to those lists specifically. And for the others that are
> registered here to get less emails.
>
> Could you deactivate these automatic warning mails please?

Hi Tarek,

I have no real clue what you are talking about. The message you've
copied is a roundup message from the setuptools tracker, not a warning
message of some kind. What specific warning messages are you referring
to, who is sending them, and why do you think it is within my power
to make them stop?

Regards,
Martin