[Distutils] [issue89] easy_install silently drop symlinks when auto-extracting tarball source distributions

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Nov 2 00:01:34 CET 2009

>> I have no real clue what you are talking about. The message you've
>> copied is a roundup message from the setuptools tracker, not a warning
>> message of some kind.
>
> Yes, that's a warning from the setuptools tracker. I call that a
> "warning" because
> it warns you that someone added an issue in the tracker.

Ah, ok. That meaning of "warning" was unknown to me, sorry.

So you want the roundup tracker to send its notifications elsewhere.
Where exactly?

>> What specific warning messages are you referring
>> to, who is sending them, and why do you think it is within my power
>> to make them stop?
>
> Because you are the one who set it up some time ago as far as this message says:
>
> http://markmail.org/message/kk5jnugeqnr53iuy

It's actually Jeff Rush who is in charge of this tracker instance.
I can't change the setup without him agreeing.

So, Jeff, where else should the roundup instance for setuptools send
its notifications?

Regards,
Martin