[Distutils] zc.buildout bootstrap errors

Fred Drake fdrake at acm.org
Mon Nov 2 23:34:26 CET 2009

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 5:23 PM, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> Maybe try and earlier version of bootstrap?
> I idley wonder if this is some side effect of the make-distribute-work work?

This could happen before that; I saw it as soon as Philip started
releasing new versions of setuptools.

I suspect that it's due to buildout trying to use the latest
ez_setup.py or something like that with a fresh build, and that wants
to use the latest setuptools.

I've been using distribute ever since, and have been happy with it.

  -Fred