[Distutils] People want CPAN :-)

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Nov 7 17:13:11 CET 2009

On 03:56 pm, lists at zopyx.com wrote:
>Am 07.11.09 16:37, schrieb Tarek Ziadé:
>>On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 3:57 PM, Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com> wrote:
>>[..]
>>>  - supports too much different versioning schemas. Both
>>>   schema supported by setuptools and the one proposed
>>>   by Tarek in some PEP are totally over-engineered.
>>>   A simple and *enforced* versioning schema is what
>>>   I want to see.
>>Unfortunately, as long as we have release candidates, and development
>>versions,
>>we need a more complex scheme that MAJOR.MINOR.MICRO.
>Do we need/want development on PyPI? At least not me.
>
>MAJOR.MINOR.MICRO.PICO + |a-c]1..N
>
>should be good enough.

Please be considerate of the time of other people and read the previous
threads on this list about versioning schemes before proposing a new
one.  If you have done this, then please make it evident by describing
how your proposed scheme addresses the problems raised in previous
discussions, or how those problems are not important/real/whatever.

Thanks.

Jean-Paul