[Distutils] distutils.core.setup --install-script option in Python 2.6 ?

Jim Vickroy Jim.Vickroy at noaa.gov
Thu Nov 12 12:31:40 CET 2009

Hello,

Please excuse the repost (sent last week), but I'm hoping someone on the
list can get me on-track with a distutils problem.

I have just upgraded from Python 2.5 to 2.6.4 (MS Windows XP service
pack 3).

My setup.py scripts (based on distutils.core.setup) no longer work with
the --install-script option.  Here is the error:

   * error: option --install-script not recognized

The above error occurs when passing either bdist_wininst or bdist_msi
parameters to the setup.py scripts.

I have been unable to locate any on-line mention of this option not
being supported in Python 2.6.

I apologize for missing something obvious here, but I am stuck.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

-- jv